Thank you for your interest in SL Sausage Co. - Macon.
Feel free to browse our open positions by clicking on them below.
If you require any assistance with your application,
please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking for a professional and customer service-oriented Assistant Store Manager to
oversee daily operations at our store. As the Assistant Store Manager, you will assistant in the
supervision of the operational and organizational standards of the store. Your duties will include
undertaking administrative tasks, monitoring inventory levels, and executing business
The ideal candidate must be able to improve customer satisfaction and assist in meeting
monthly sales goals. In addition to being an excellent communicator, you should also
demonstrate outstanding leadership and people skills.
• Participate in recruitment and dismissal processes.
• Smooth out problems within the workplace.
• Address employee and customer concerns.
• Develop strategies for better workplace efficiency and goal achievement.
• Email and phone correspondence.
• Liaison between managers, customers and employees.
• Provide direction to staff.
• Monitor spending patterns and budget.
• Fill in for General Manager (GM) in times of absence. Make executive decisions, hold
meetings and provide accountability.
• Troubleshoot POS system.
• Support ongoing learning and development of team members.
• Help create and foster a respectful, team empowered environment.
• High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or relevant field preferred.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a retail environment, ideally in a
• Strong leadership and customer management abilities.
• Customer service-oriented with in-depth knowledge of basic business management
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Do you have a vast knowledge of meat cuts and love to help people prepare their tasty dinners? We would love to have you join our team as a butcher to assist our customers with choosing the right meat for various meals. You will have the chance to use your profound knowledge of preparing meats for cooking to reduce the workload of our clients once they have purchased their high-quality selections. You will also have the opportunity to educate others on the best way to prepare and cook prime cuts. You will coordinate deliveries and ensure that all of our selections remain unspoiled and of the best quality.
- Arrange cuts of meat and place them in an attractive manner in the display case so that customers will wish to purchase them.
- Weigh, label, and price a variety of cuts of meat for on-demand selections by customers in an efficient manner that keeps customers satisfied.
- Receive deliveries of meat and inspect them to ensure that they adhere to the highest quality standards and are not expired.
- Use skewers, bone knives, twine and other tools to lace, tie and shape roasts so that they are ready for customers to buy and cook.
- Prepare meat into forms ready for cooking using a variety of actions, including boning, tying, grinding, cutting and trimming to make it easier for customers.
- Educate customers on different selections and types of poultry, pork, beef and fish to help them decide what to purchase.
- Rotate products to reduce the chance of any meat spoiling to reduce waste and loss of profits.
- Maintain and clean the meat preparation counter to reduce the risk of food contamination and adhere to food safety guidelines.
- 1-2 years’ experience as a butcher
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent oral and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of food safety
Able to work various shifts, including weekends and holidays.